Monday, June 2, 2008

Almost Retired

In just 25 more days, I will be officially retired. I'm already overwhelmed with possibilities & plans for the first weeks/months afterwards. Travel, dog training, volunteering, working out, getting married (thank you California Supreme Court). Of course, there's the anxiety that accompanies any major life change - will there be sufficient funds?(I'm assured there will be thanks to a good retirement plan & keen financial advisers); will I become bored & depressed by all my free time?(ha ha ha ha- not likely to be much of the free time for quite a while) Will I have enough social ties & activities (very likely)? I'm so looking forward to being able to spend time with my dogs & working on training them - especially the young guy who definitely has some issues. I look forward to finding new skills, new friends & new communication methods including having a blog that will help in getting this new phase of life going!

No comments: